• Search
  • Tools

Coral/Seaweed

  • #1 Jan 19, 2011

    Coral

    Coral is an aquatic plant found growing on dirt in deep water. Coral are harmless and are mostly decorative, yet coral has a good use:

    Punching away at a Coral Block will give you 1 Piece of Coral. Combine 4 Pieces of Coral and you've crafted a Sponge block in Survival!

    Or, you can plant your Piece of Coral in a new location, and maybe create a vast watery garden of your own!

    Seaweed

    Similar to both Coral and Reed, Seaweed grows underwater and has a very high height, up to 5 blocks upward. Seaweed could be used for dye, replacing Cactus Green to Seaweed Green, which would make more sense. Putting an uncooked fish between two pieces of Seaweed will craft you Sushi, which can heal you slightly better then just a plain cooked fish.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #2 Jan 19, 2011

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    I see you! [Spider]

  • #3 Jan 19, 2011

    i want sponges in survival :biggrin.gif:
    :iapprove:

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #4 Jan 19, 2011

    i want sponges in survival :biggrin.gif:

    i disagree! coral is sharp (ive been deep sea diving) it hurts, mob traps anyone?

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #5 Jan 19, 2011

    Sounds sweet, and would give me a reason to go into the ocean besides squid.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    [SSSS]
    [size="6"]Feel free to ask me to join your server or be a partner for adventure maps... and never forget.... BLAM!!! You all get a taste of the ***** puddin!!![/size][/size]

  • #6 Jan 19, 2011

    Full support, great ideas, whether using them for traps or sponges (or both) it all is awesome!

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #7 Jan 19, 2011

    The coral is a great idea. Sponges finally being added into the crafting repertoire would make me do some sort of gleeful jig.

    I'm not so sure about seaweed, it doesn't seem to have many uses. Maybe it could block squid as well? Perhaps it could be cooked in a furnace for a cheap, stackable food item?

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack


  • #8 Jan 19, 2011

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    mhmm.. yea... okay. . .
    wait... what?

  • #9 Jan 19, 2011

    I like this idea. I support.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #10 Jan 19, 2011

    Yes please. Anything to make the oceans remind me more of an actual ocean and less of a flooded stone quarry.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #11 Jan 19, 2011

    You had me hooked at sponge.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    They're Climbin in yo window, Snatching yo people up.
    so Y'all need to hide your kids, Hide your wife.
    Hide you're husband cus the spiders are raping everybody out here...
    -Thescorpi0n
    (soon after beta 1.2 when spiders started climbing walls)

  • #12 Jan 19, 2011

    Agreed.

    We need something to spice up our aquariums.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #13 Jan 19, 2011

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #14 Jan 20, 2011

    d-did you read my post?

    anyway...thanks for the support everyone.

    I would like to see the oceans filled with more stuff too.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #16 Jan 20, 2011

    I agree with the ideas, I think the ton of green the cacti green dye would give should be a color that looks more like the cacti color after the current one be changed to used for the seaweed.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #17 Jan 20, 2011

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    "Only a few find the way, Some don't recognize it when they do. Some don't ever want to..." ~Cheshire cat.

  • #19 Jan 27, 2011

    Quote from Flycone »

    d-did you read my post?

    anyway...thanks for the support everyone.

    I would like to see the oceans filled with more stuff too.

    I totally missed the last part of your post. BAD ON ME.

    I guess the reason why I jumped to my conclusion on sushi was because I had thought about a sushi recipe about 7 months ago, long before fish was ever implemented... and when I found this post I judged it to be the perfect place for me to finally shout it out to the world.

    I am really sorry about that. I think it should totally be implemented. Also, I think I deserve to be smacked for my insubordination... or something like that.

    :iapprove:

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #22 Jan 27, 2011

    I like it, but i think coral and sponges should be separate things. also seaweed is a great idea.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    I want submarines.

  • #23 Jan 27, 2011

    Not so sure about the Coral... but punching it would hurt you... might want to use a pickaxe or shovel. I think the sponge idea was dropped for a reason, so not sure about making a sponge from coral.

    However, the seaweed is nice. It could be eaten alone for say half a heart. Mixed with fish as you suggested for Sushi which would add an additional heart of healing power to the fish. There could be the kelp version that just floats in the water and grows outward in all directions say from 60 to 64 sea level, and the holdfast version that spawns and grows from stone and cobblestone at any level below sea level and that are in contact with water and grows only in columns upward. The kelp at sea level could be a hindrance to your small wooden boat not letting it pass quickly, slowing it way down, while the holdfast version would be better for food consumption.

    Seaweed as well as for food, can also be used to make medicine, and fertilizer, which both I think would be a great addition to the game.

    The kelp version could also work the opposite of sand, since it floats in water, destroying/getting a block of it would allow a block below it to rise up and take its place.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • To post a comment, please login.

Posts Quoted:

Reply

Clear All Quotes